Bring on the Fiesta with Sesión Cerveza Micheladas for Cinco de Mayo
Full of flavor with just the right touch of heat, the michelada, a bright, savory, and spicy Mexican beer and lime cocktail, is perfect for your Cinco de Mayo fiesta! Our Executive Chef, Joshua Hedrick, shares his favorite recipe that’s fit for a crowd. Joshua’s version has noticeable heat with a good citrus backbone – as with most recipes, play around with the spice or acid ratios to get it just the way you like it.
Sesión Cerveza Michelada Recipe (Yields 6 – 16 oz. Micheladas):
- 1/2 cup Clamato
- 1/2 cup roasted & pureed tomatillo
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp chicken bouillon
- 1 serrano pepper, minced with seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt (Diamond Crystal is recommended)
- 1 1/2 tsp Piment D’Espelette
Chili Salt Mixture:
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp Piment D’Espellete
Lime wedges for garnish
1. Mix michelada mixture ingredients in a pitcher.
2. Create a chili salt mixture by combining equal parts salt, sugar, and piment D’espellete in a small, shallow dish.
3. Rub a lime wedge along the rim of a serving glass of your choice and dip the rim into the chili salt mixture to coat.
4. Fill a 16 oz. glass or shaker about halfway with ice and add 2 oz of the michelada mixture. Top off with Sesión Cerveza or Sesión Negra. Pour into serving glass and garnish with a lime wedge or pepper. Serve with or without ice.